Monday, June 13, 2011

Sun, Jun 12, 2011 2:14 PM Central
Oak Lawn Neighborhood
Ran:    10.40 miles
Time:  01:28:01 (hh:mm:ss)
Pace:  08:26 minutes/mile 
Temperature:  78°

Solo today. In the training program Sunday is the long run. Todays the goal was 10 miles at a pace of my goal marathon pace plus one minute which would be @10:00 minute/mile. Lots of issues today. First, I ran around the neighborhood because of all the rain from the previous two days and I did not want to deal with the mud. Second, I forgot to hit the start on the Garmin until .75mi so I actually ran @ 11.25 miles. Third, I tried to run the slower pace but kept falling back to my normal pace, so I ran the 11+ miles at too fast a pace, no wonder my hamstrings are sore. Lastly, I came with a bloody shirt because I didn't wear a compression shirt or lube my nipples, OUCH!

This finished my first week of the 18 week marathon training program. Training consisted of 28miles running, two cross training days(Stairmaster and Stationary bike) and two days of weight training. Not bad, hopefully I can keep it up for the next 17 weeks.

Click for Garmin Connect - Details

No comments:

Post a Comment