Friday, May 4, 2012

Great Prizes for Donations Received thru May 5, 2012

The Palos Area Chamber Expo and Health Fair is this Saturday, May 5th. The Palos Area Chamber Expo and Health Fair is a free community event, and it will be held at the Moraine Valley Church at 6300 West 127th Street in Palos Heights, IL. Hours for the fair are from 9:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
Thanks to the following businesses, the Neurofibromatosis table has got some great raffle prizes!

Running for Kicks – Palos Heights, IL
$50 Gift Certificate

New Day Spa Salon – Oak Lawn, IL
Gift Certificate for a Sports Massage with Liz

30 min. Run Specific Strength Training Session

You’re probably wondering, “Wow! Those are some great prizes. How can I get in on this?” and the answer is quite simple. We will be selling raffle tickets for $1 at the Neurofibromatosis table at the Palos Area Chamber Expo and Health Fair on Saturday May 5th or you can donate through the following link to be entered into the drawing:

www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/michaelblaha/nf-midwest-run4nf

All donations collected at the Palos Area Chamber Expo and Health Fair and thru www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/michaelblaha/nf-midwest-run4nf will benefit Neurofibromatosis Midwest, a 501 (c)3 non-profit, which supports families affected by Neurofibromatosis. Neurofibromatosis is a genetic disorder that affects more than 2 million people. Donations to Neurofibromatosis are tax deductable to the amount allowable by law. Don’t miss out on this great opportunity to win some great prizes!

If you are wondering how I became involved with Neurofibromatosis, earlier this year, I made the decision to run the Chicago Marathon. This will be my second Chicago Marathon, but for me this will be different than last year. I was reading about the many charities that can benefit from my running. There are many to choose from. Then my wife sent me the NF Midwest newsletter which had an article that NF Midwest was looking for runners to run the Chicago Marathon to raise awareness for Neurofibromatosis. NF does not have a big name spokesperson or a big budget. And I know someone with Neurofibromatosis. This year I am running the Chicago Marathon for John who is a former student of mine who has had Neurofibromatosis since birth. His success and determination in overcoming everyday challenges have inspired me.  As I run, I think of many things and lately, every step I am focused on achieving a new goal to raise awareness for Neurofibromatosis.

Thank you in advance for your support and generosity. Together our efforts will make a difference to someone who has Neurofibromatosis.

No comments:

Post a Comment