Sunday, October 23, 2011

Sun, 9 Oct 2011 7:32 Central
Chicago Marathon
Ran:    26.2 miles
Time:  04:02:41 (hh:mm:ss)
Pace:  9:06 minutes/mile 
Temperature:  63°

My first marathon! My primary goal was to finish, my secondary goal was to finish under 4 hours. I was close at 04:02:41. It was a lot tougher than I anticipated. I was using a marathon pacing tattoo for a 03:50:00 finish which was about a 8:47 pace. I was 30 seconds within the target splits up to mile 13, I felt good but it was getting warm so I slowed down a little and just tried to keep at a 9:00 pace. I was ok, until about mile 23 when I hit the wall, my quads were quite sore, and at that point thoughts of finishing under 4 hours was replaced with just finishing. It took every thing I had and then some just to finish without walking. Somehow I managed. During those last few miles, I swore to myself that I would never submit myself to such torture again and that this was my last marathon. Well four days later, after much thought, I figure that now I know what my weak link is, my quads, so if I can strengthen my quads I think I can beat my 04:02:41 time.

Everyone in our group six finished! What an amazing accomplishment for all of us!

Click for Garmin Connect - Details




My Stats:

No comments:

Post a Comment