Tuesday, April 10, 2012

ASICS GEL-Kayano 18 REVIEW

Today, I ran the Turtlehead Lake 10.5 mile loop in my new ASICS GEL-Kayano 18 that I purchased from Mel at Running for Kicks in Palos Heights. Partly sunny and cool, great conditions for a run. I thought it was a good idea to write an ASICS GEL-Kayano 18 review.

In my ASICS GEL-Kayano 18 review I should mention this is my first pair of ASICS. The shoes are comfortable, smooth, and light. The shoes seem to provide control for my pronation as well as excellent cushioning. For me the most noticeable difference over the New Balance 856 that I have been running in for years is the ASICS seem to have better shock absorption which is a major factor as I prepare for my Chicago Marathon training, which begins in June. The shoes better shock absorption will be a great benefit for the Chicago Marathon as my feet pound the pavement on the streets of Chicago.

The Turtlehead Lake trail is asphalt which provided a good trial run for the shoe. I was conscious of the new shoes for the first three miles or so and noticed the ample cushioning, but after that it was like I didn't even know I had them on, happy feet for the entire Turtle Lake 10.5 mile loop. I will use the ASICS GEL-Kayano 18 for a few more trial runs on hard surfaces. Then as begin my Chicago Marathon training I will use them exclusively for the marathon training long runs on the Chicago lakefront, the Bank of America Chicago Marathon and 9 half marathons through the months of April through December from opposite corners of the US from Alaska to Florida. I will be running a total of 12 half marathons, in 12 states in 2012. I am hoping with to raise awareness for Neurofibromatosis Midwest.

In my ASICS GEL-Kayano 18 review, the shoe has many features that include an external Heel Clutching System and stretch mesh upper for greater comfort, in addition to the Dynamic DuoMax Support System and lightweight AHAR outsole which provides a lightweight shoe, and stablility control.

I hope you found my ASICS GEL-Kayano 18 review helpful. Special thanks to Mel from Running for Kicks in his diligence in fitting me with a pair of ASICS GEL-Kayano 18. If you need a new pair of running shoes and not sure how to pick just the right pair of shoes from the hundreds of running shoes available, I strongly recommend going to Running for Kicks. Ask for Mel or any of the other knowledgeable runners that work at Running for Kicks. At Running for Kicks they are the running shoe experts!

Find a great pair of shoes and Just RUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment