Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The Waterfall Glen Xtreme 10 Race

Just signed up for the Waterfall Glen(Argonne) Xtreme 10 race on Saturday, July 21st, 2012. I ran this race last year and had a great time despite some setbacks, I ended up running 11 miles in the 10 mile race, but that is another story. This is a beautiful USTAF certified course through the Forest Preserve. They do a multiple wave start so the trails do not get too crowed. We had run this course a few times and never even knew about the infamous Big Bertha(hill). We noticed that there were some inclines, but to us nothing that stood out enough to be called Big Bertha, so we always wondered where  exactly it(she) was. Well at least now I know, at the second water station the volunteers were saying "you made it, you conquered Big Bertha" so this year I will attack her with a vengeance! We are used to running the trails at Country Lane and Swallow Cliffs so Big Bertha didn't seem that big at all, now I think we will have to start naming all of the hills on the trails that we run!

They run a great event, it is well organized and has nice post race festivities, and I hear you get a chance to meet the best race directors in person(at least that is what the race director told me ) : )

To join in the fun, click to sign up => Waterfall Glen(Argonne) Xtreme 10

No comments:

Post a Comment