Sunday, April 8, 2012

RUNNING FOR KICKS WINS MY BUSINESS!

For twenty years, I have been running with New Balance Shoes. Every time I would find a new model, I would just keep buying it until it was discontinued. I was getting close to my miles and I needed a new pair of shoes and again my current model was discontinued. I wanted to make sure I had a new pair before I begin my marathon training, so we decided to head over to Running for Kicks in Palos Heights, Illinois. Running for Kicks is one of the sponsors for the First Midwest Southwest Half Marathon on May 6, 2012.

When we walked into Running for Kicks we were greeted by all the staff. We walked over to the men’s shoes and found Mel Diab, the owner standing there as if he was waiting for us. We began talking about shoes, running, and marathon training. First Mel had me take off my shoes. He asked me to walk a few feet so he could observe the pattern of my feet. His expertise was obvious. He said I was an overpronater and my ankles rolled inward. He then examined my shoes to confirm his observation. Then he measured both of my feet. Within moments he had three pair of shoes by different manufacturers in front of me.

The first pair was Brooks. He helped me put them on and we went outside for a test run. Then it was back inside to try the next pair, which was New Balance. Out the door I went again for another run. Then back in for the third pair which was Asics. If I had known I was going to do this much running, I would have wore my Garmin! After running with the Asics, Mel let me try two different shoes at once. I ended up determining that the ASICS GEL-Kayano 18 seemed the most comfortable.

Mel and I talked about the various marathons he has run and I told him I used Hal Higdon’s marathon training. Running for Kicks also has group runs on Monday evenings and as the Chicago Marathon gets closer they will have marathon training runs.



Running for Kicks exceeded my expectations and I look forward to being a long time customer. Thank you Mel and the staff at Running for Kicks!

Running for Kicks is located at 7158 W. 127th Street (corner of Harlem and 127th) Palos Heights, IL 60463. Visit their website http://runningforkicks.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment