Saturday, April 7, 2012

Bunny Rock 5K

My Saturday before Easter started at 5:00AM to get ready for the ASM(Adrenaline Sports Management) second annual Bunny Rock 5K along the Chicago Lakefront. My wife and I picked up Andy and we arrived at Montrose Harbor just before 7:00AM to pickup our running packets along with our bunny ears and sun glasses. The Bunny Rock 5K is one of many fun races that ASM runs through out the year. The race is a  CARA CERTIFIED RACE.

Great sunny morning along the lakefront for the Bunny Rock 5K.

Andy and I rockin with Melissa and Carly from Rewind 100.3fm

Warm up run, testing out our ears!

Hanging with The Bunny!







No PR, but I finished 2nd in my age group!   75th out of 1566 and Andy finished 8th in his age group 104th out of 1566.





ASM puts on a great running event, the Bunny Rock 5K was a well run event with music and aid stations at each mile. It was great to run along the lake front again. I am looking forward to my long runs on the Lakefront trail when I start my 18 week marathon training in June. Just RUN!









-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sat, Apr 7, 2012 10:57 AM Central

Swallow Cliffs 8mi Loop


After returning home, I laced up my trail running shoes and hit the Swallow Cliffs Trails for the 8mi  loop with the monster hill. What a contrast, from the smooth flat Lakefront trail to the hilly wooded trails! Both equally enjoyable and challenging. Just RUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment